Friday 21 December 2012

IMW - Drunken To Love You

Drunken to Love You is a Taiwanese drama. I don't know if I'm supposed to be saying this, but DTLY is somewhat like the remake of Fated To Love You (another TW-drama). I started DTLY on a whim, but a friend totally encouraged me through her fangirling..... I did I've missed out on a lot if I hadn't watched DTLY.

Trailer time -->  I had no idea there were so many teasers for this drama........ This is one out of the thousand teasers.


Details----
Title: 醉後決定愛上你 / Zui Hou Jue Ding Ai Shang Ni
English title: Love You
Also known as: Drunken to Love You
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: 18
Broadcast network: TTV
Broadcast period: 2011-Apr-17
Opening theme song: Bu An Pei Li Chu Pei (不按牌理出牌) by Magic Power 魔幻力量
Ending theme song: Hao De Shi Qing (好的事情) by Yan Jue 嚴爵

Cast----
Rainie Yang --- Lin Xiao Ru 林曉如
Joseph Chang --- Song Jie Xiu 宋杰修
Tiffany Hsu --- Tang Ai Wei 唐艾薇
Huang Hong Sheng --- Di Shuo Huai 耿爍懷
Tom Price (白梓軒) --- Xiang Ting Wei 向霆威
Zhong Xin Ling --- Cai meng Jun 蔡孟均
Kingone Wang --- Ren Yi Xiang 任以翔
Renzo Liu --- Li Da Fu 李達夫
Di Zhi Jie --- Tony
Bu Xue Liang --- Paparazzi Jack
Deng Jiu Yun (鄧九雲) --- Peggy
Wang Juan --- Samantha
Lin Mei Xiu --- A Sang 阿桑
Yan Jia Le --- Director Zhou 周導
Luo Bei An --- Long Ge 龍哥
Jessica Song --- Shen Hui Qin 沈慧欽
Xie Qi Wen (謝其文) --- landlord
Na Wei Xun --- doctor
Albee Huang --- Xiao Xun
Tang Tsung Sheng --- Bar owner
Gao Shan Feng (高山峰) --- Hao Zi 浩子
Igor Kovic (柯逸華) --- Henry
Qian De Men --- Mu Ka Fu 木卡夫
Shen Meng Sheng --- Zhuang Wu Xiong 莊武雄
Stephanie Chang (小八) --- Host

Production Credits---
Director: Chen Ming Zhang

Synopsis---
Two strangers, both proposed marriage to their respective girl/boyfriend, were rejected on the same day. They decided that the best way to deal with the rejection was to get drunk, real drunk. During the 24 hours of their crazy drunkenness, these two stranger became fast friends and got married... to each other. When they finally sobered up, they embarked on a mission to undo every crazy thing they did while they were drunk and prayed that their girl/boyfriend wouldn't find out. However, it turns out that Jie Xiu's girlfriend, Ai Wei, doesn't want a scandal affecting her movie so she asks him to stay married to Xiao Ru for three months.
(credits: DramaWiki)




Lets get this review rolling......  After I read the synopsis, I was like, ''hmmm...... this brings back Fated To Love You''..... Well I guess it really does. Either ways, I like both dramas. FTLY was my first TW-drama ever so.... I kind of hold it in high esteem.



Back to the review, I started this on a whim...... but later on, I was glued to my Laptop!! I placed it on hold one time also.... I can't even remember why ~shrugs~ Okay...... Song Jie Xiu played by Joseph Chang is quite amazing. Song Jie Xiu is a clean freak, he grew up thinking he wasn't really loved and all (all these feelings of unhappiness and what have you), but now he's all grown up, one of the most amazing Architects...... He has a lousy temper, but kind and affectionate (He's SOOO romantic); and has/had a girlfriend of 7 years, who is a model/actress and quite ambitious.



On the other hand we have Lin Xiao Ru played by Rainie Yang. In my point of view, I think she did a good job also. Lin Xiao Ru was left by her parents, umm mother specifically, and since then she has been moving back and forth from the orphanage to a foster home and back to the orphanage (streets) and now she's all beautiful, has a nice job, and she thought everything was in place. She has this extremely bubbly image, this image of hers earned her the nickname Wild Mountain Boar. She's really too nice!!!! And can go lengths to help those she loves. Between, I thought like poles don't attract ~confused~



Well, both Song Jie Xiu and Lin Xiao Ru were in for a surprise, they met briefly and that meeting was ONE of a KIND, then they met again.... It looked as if they were ''fated'' for each other. Their worlds sort of turned upside down, which was really wonderful. Due to some personal issues they had to stay married for 3 months. Well...... I don't know about you, but if it was me, I will NOT partake in such outrageous scheme. As we all know, everything and anything can happen in dramaland. 



They stayed married, got to know MORE and MORE about each other, they became source of strength and happiness to each other...... to shorten the whole story they fell in love with other, but at the same time, they wanted to keep to the stupid contract. Song Jie Xiu's ex-gf wouldn't also leave the two be. Things got messy and somewhat complicated, but in the long run, through persistence,
natural and supernatural occurrences everything sorted itself out.



I learnt a lot form this drama......
1. Don't ever partake in marriage contracts, it never does any of the parties good. 
2. Don't become a slave to your past; it enslaves one, which causes fear and makes one make the stupidest decisions.
3. Taking what belongs to others..... isn't a good idea
4. You need to know if you the other person is/ is still in love with you, if it's not your own wild imagination..... Also, clarify if you are in the friend zone or not.... that should be the first step.
5. Don't mistake someone's kindness for stupidity or foolishness..... When the person notices (which happens, after a huge blow has been dealt), I don't think there's anything that can be done about it.
6. You need to make a decision.... Love or Ambition/career??



This drama is a amazing and the other cast didn't fall short of expectation, it's filled with COMEDY and the ROMANCE kills it all. There are some awesome lines also (You will find some of them below ). At first you might not like Joseph Chang, but after some eps..... You would fall in love with him. The drama is also well-paced, plus the story and plots were WONDERFULLY interwoven!!!...... I love the OSTs also.... I need to get them lol!!!




Awesome lines: Between I won't mention who and to whom.....
- “He has no right to take your future and bury it together with the dead love.”
- “If there’s no trust, there’s no friendship.”
- “If you want to continue avoiding me, that is your choice. I won’t intervene. So, you don’t have the right to intervene with my choices, and that is I’ve decide to love you, and let you fall in love with me.”

Lets stop here lol!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment